Thursday, March 7, 2013

Nature Club Rocks!

        I am now well on my my way to having a completed outline for my 6th grade curriculum! I am struggling with finding a good activity for explaining convection and how it relates to weather. If anyone knows a good hands on demonstration/activity that takes fewer than 10 minutes, give me a shout out!
        Today I also appreciated the wonderful weather. I spent a few hours downtown posting flyers. If you want to become a volunteer naturalist for Durango Nature Studies, there should be no shortage of information on the bulletin boards downtown.
        Finally today was the last day of Nature Club for the week! I got to work with the little people at Riverview today. It was chaos as usual, but most of the kids participated and had a great time. There were a few troublemakers, as there always are. In fact, on of the kids that I have coached with before turned out to be at this Nature Club meeting! She was among the troublemakers. But we got through all the activities, and I am feeling great about what is almost my first week of internship! tomorrow is an independent day, so I won't be seeing anyone from the office. Hopefully I can complete or near completion of my lesson tomorrow, so that I can focus on the grant research.

No comments:

Post a Comment